Part of Monteverde's Tool Pen line of clever multi-functional writing instruments, this mechanical pencil is packed with handy features for working at your desk and around the house.
- A twist-action pencil tip with a thick, break-resistant 0.9 mm lead, perfect for marking, sketching, and writing. The pencil holds one piece of lead at a time, and can be pulled out of the barrel, letting you draw with the pencil while using the barrel as a straight edge. To pull the pencil out of the barrel, grip it by the knurled section of the pencil tip and pull it straight out of the barrel.
- An eraser on the end of the pencil component, which can be used when the pencil is pulled out of the barrel.
- A capacitive stylus for use with smartphones, tablets, and other capacitive touchscreen devices.
- A screwdriver with a double-sided flat-head and Phillips bit. The screwdriver is accessed by unscrewing the stylus tip, which can be screwed onto the pencil tip while the screwdriver is being used.
- A weighty metal body with a hexagonal shape that is comfortable to hold and keeps the pencil from rolling away.
- Four scale rulers printed on the sides of the barrel: inches, centimeters (1/100 m), half-centimeters (1/200 m), and third-centimeters (1/300 m).
- A sturdy metal clip for attaching the pencil to a pocket, strap, or tool belt.
- The eraser, stylus, and screwdriver bit are all replaceable.
To refill the pencil, remove the old lead by turning the pencil tip clockwise until it stops and pulling out any remaining lead. Then, turn the tip counter-clockwise about one turn. With the pencil tip pointing up, insert a piece of 0.9 mm lead into the tip, and turn the tip counter-clockwise until about 1/8" of lead remains showing. Gently press the lead onto a solid surface to secure it into the mechanism.
The pencil comes with one piece of 0.9 mm lead installed.