LYFE consists of a planter that hovers over an oak base via magnetic levitation, designed to gently rotate during suspension. The rotation especially benefits air plants, as nutrients are absorbed by their leaves through the air, rather than the conventional root system.
Identified by the Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus, air plants (Tillandsia) are plants that grow in the air.
Air plants thrive upon the circulation of airborne particles. With no soil required, this gravity-defying, rotating microclimate naturally nurtures.
Studies have shown that plants surrounded by a magnetic field tend to grow faster, taller, bigger, and healthier, as measured by plant height, leaf size, and selected parameters related to their health status.
- Base Dimensions: 153mm x 153mm x 38mm (6" x 6" x 1.5")
- Base Weight: 1300 grams (45.8oz)
- Pot Dimensions: 80mm x 100 mm
- Pot Weight: 240 grams (8.5oz)
- AC Adapter: Input 100-240V - 50/60Hz; Output 15V 1A